Friday, May 6, 2016

PE: Final Reflection

My first year of Japanese is over, and it seems like I've learned sooo much in just that short amount of time! Even so, reflection is always an important tool for improvement. At the beginning of this semester I laid out one big goal for myself: to speak and understand speech at a natural pace. Although I am still nowhere near achieving this goal, I do feel that I have made a lot of progress; I did a little better every time on the listening sections of exams, and I've often been able to give responses to questions much more quickly than I was at the beginning of the semester. I didn't really do as well as I'd hoped at sticking to the revised plan I made after spring break (to attend office hours every week, watch an episode of anime every day, attend the Japanese language table once a month, and review vocabulary every day), but I still did better than I had prior to revising my goal.

This year has been a great one, and I look forward to continuing to improve my Japanese until I can one day communicate fluently.

No comments:

Post a Comment